recovery from big day
Wednesday evening I celebrated Mass at St. Elizabeth. It was good to do, but it was way more painful than I thought it would be. I was hoping it wouldn't be so bad so I could take over the weekday Masses at both places again, but unfortunately, that will have to wait. I am planning on concelebrating Masses at both parishes this weekend. Hopefully that will be more manageable.
So yesterday I slept most of the day and I feel very tired and weak today. It isn't fun feeling like this especially since it is so beautiful outside. I would love to be on a tractor right now or tending a burn pile... anything productive outside would be a dream.
It is so frustrating, but then I looked at my calendar and realized that it was only 2 weeks since my surgery. It feels so much longer, probably because of the flu. Ahhhhh, patience.
I am so grateful that everyone else seems to understand my situation better than I do. I feel so guilty at times for just laying around and sleeping when there are so many things that need to be done. Thankfully, so many people see the value in my rest and remind me that the most important thing is the big picture and to get all the rest I need to make a full recovery, then I can get back into work and ministry again.
The following picture is the newest addition to Sacred Heart's Prayer and Meditation Walk. If you can, enlarge it and look at the facial expressions. They are so happy and full of joy.
So yesterday I slept most of the day and I feel very tired and weak today. It isn't fun feeling like this especially since it is so beautiful outside. I would love to be on a tractor right now or tending a burn pile... anything productive outside would be a dream.
It is so frustrating, but then I looked at my calendar and realized that it was only 2 weeks since my surgery. It feels so much longer, probably because of the flu. Ahhhhh, patience.
I am so grateful that everyone else seems to understand my situation better than I do. I feel so guilty at times for just laying around and sleeping when there are so many things that need to be done. Thankfully, so many people see the value in my rest and remind me that the most important thing is the big picture and to get all the rest I need to make a full recovery, then I can get back into work and ministry again.
The following picture is the newest addition to Sacred Heart's Prayer and Meditation Walk. If you can, enlarge it and look at the facial expressions. They are so happy and full of joy.

Comments
Post a Comment