insult to misery

So I was diagnosed with the flu on Tuesday and my doctor promptly sent in a prescription for Tamiflu.  I waited all day and nothing.  I got an email saying the prescription was delayed.  I called the pharmacy and they said they needed an authorization from my doctor's office.  Ridiculous!  So I called and left a message with the nurse in charge of prescriptions.  After a while... still nothing.  So I called the doctor's office again and spoke to someone who said they would send that authorization in.  By mid morning... this morning.... still nothing.  So I called the pharmacy asking why it has been 2 days and still no prescription fulfilled.  They started with, well, we have to wait for approval from your insurance since it needs to be 90 days before they will issue another prescription... oh wait.... it's been over 90 days.  We will fill that right now.  Are you kidding me???? Two days of no relief from sheer misery that has continued to get worse from not being treated.
Now I am all congested, I have the appetite of a tiny mouse, and I regularly cough up half a lung.
Oh, by the way... the surgery area is still unpleasant.  Yesterday I bumped it the wrong way and screamed.  It took a while before that pain subsided.

At least some good news:  Gigi has behaved and still smells wonderfully clean.  She is almost always by my side and looks after me.  I am so happy I have her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Counting down to follow up visit

recovery from big day

Youtube content