Pizza cravings

On Friday, the day of surgery, I had to do the typical fast starting midnight. I didn't check in until 11am and was waiting for a long time in pre op with Jim.
We were talking about what I would like to eat after surgery. I decided a nice veggie pizza with feta cheese. Jim added anchovies to it then for good measure, I topped it off with jalipinos.
At 3:30 pm they wheeled me into the o.r. and at 4:30pm I was in recovery.
Since my body does not respond well to knives, what should have been a recovery time of 1 1/2 - 2 hours, turned into over 4 hrs.
When they wheeled me out to Jim's car, I happened to pass by a pizza delivery guy. I told him I would take the pizza. He looked at me confused. So I told him again I would take it. He finally caught the joke and just laughed... without giving me the pizza.
Don't worry, the next day Jim drove around a bit and got me a pepperoni piza... no feta, anchovies or Jalipinos, but there was plenty of goat cheese at the rectory.  Ahhhhh, that was the best pizza EVER.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Counting down to follow up visit

recovery from big day

Youtube content