Retreat at Sacred Heart
This morning I'm over at Sacred Heart. Some guys are on a retreat for a couple of days and they are spending this morning at the church. It is so good to be back here after a couple of weeks away. It's chilly, but sunny and bright. This is the first retreat we are hosting here of hopefully many to come.
I also got to meet a couple of guys here who are helping out. They are setting up a statue that came in a few weeks ago and are taking care of a few other odds and ends. It is a huge blessing to have such great help here. It's so hard too to not jump in and start up a power tool or start digging away at something. Ahhhhh.... the dreaded p word.... patience.
The more I read about the after care following surgery, the more I realize how limited I need to be. Basically, outside of a little walking and lifting essentials, I can't do much else. Bummer, but I am learning to enjoy the things I am able to do... like get out of the house and spend time in the woods and writing this blog.
Anyways, I'll eventually include a picture or 2 of the new statue.
Maybe I can make it to Mass this evening. We'll see how much today takes out of me. Then tomorrow is.... back to resting. What a life.
Thank you everyone for being so kind to me with your prayers and love.
I also got to meet a couple of guys here who are helping out. They are setting up a statue that came in a few weeks ago and are taking care of a few other odds and ends. It is a huge blessing to have such great help here. It's so hard too to not jump in and start up a power tool or start digging away at something. Ahhhhh.... the dreaded p word.... patience.
The more I read about the after care following surgery, the more I realize how limited I need to be. Basically, outside of a little walking and lifting essentials, I can't do much else. Bummer, but I am learning to enjoy the things I am able to do... like get out of the house and spend time in the woods and writing this blog.
Anyways, I'll eventually include a picture or 2 of the new statue.
Maybe I can make it to Mass this evening. We'll see how much today takes out of me. Then tomorrow is.... back to resting. What a life.
Thank you everyone for being so kind to me with your prayers and love.
Comments
Post a Comment