Update... sorry I can't think of a more eye popping title
Sorry for the lack of updates the last few days.
This weekend was rather busy in a good way. Saturday early afternoon I ran a few errands and wanted to concelebrate Mass that evening at Sacred Heart, but I took a nap and didn't wake up until my ride showed up. I thought briefly about trying to quickly get ready, but simply didn't have the time to do so. I guess my body needed the rest.
Sunday morning I concelebrated Mass at St. Elizabeth. It was my first appearance at that Mass since my leave of absence. It felt good to be there and was like a shot in the arm for me. After the Gospel I gave an update to everyone of what I have been through and what still lies ahead for me. People can't believe all that I have been going through. After Mass I got lots of hugs and tried to talk with as many people as possible at breakfast. People are unbelievably patient and understanding. The biggest sentiment was to not over do it and just do what I need to get better.
One parishioner told me he had the same issue I have. He had the surgery to correct it and said it took a lot out of him. He said it was a couple of years before he felt right again. Oh joy... I pray that won't be the case for me. We'll see.
That evening I had a nice dinner with a couple and then watched FSU upset Xavier in basketball. What a crazy game! I was so close to changing the channel in frustration. Fortunately, I kept watching and got to see an incredible finish. Next up is Gonzaga late Thursday night.
Yesterday was a throw away day. I was so wiped out and just vegged.
Last night I was in quite a bit of pain, while lying down trying to sleep. It is so annoying. There was a lot of drainage too. The fun continues.
I had a bizarre dream last night that kept continuing after I would wake up and go back to sleep. The first part was really weird and unsettling. The second part was a lot better, but definitely stirred things up. The second part was me returning to the seminary and moving back in after an extended break. I saw a number of seminary classmates from St. Bens and the feeling was very pleasant to be back. This is unusual because when I usually dream about being back in the seminary, I have a feeling of dread and am so happy when I wake up and realize it was just a dream. This time I felt the opposite. I think it has to do with the all the isolation I feel. It sucks to be alone every day. I miss active ministry and especially being with people regularly. Having to stay at home resting is really taking a toll on me. It gets depressing and I long to be active again. Also, when I go in my garage I see my Harley and my Specialized Roubaix bicycle and I touch them lovingly wanting so bad to get back to riding. At this point a ten mile ride would be unbelievably awesome. Oh well. Maybe I need to write more and see what comes out.
Anyways I think that is all for now. Thanks for your love and prayers.
This weekend was rather busy in a good way. Saturday early afternoon I ran a few errands and wanted to concelebrate Mass that evening at Sacred Heart, but I took a nap and didn't wake up until my ride showed up. I thought briefly about trying to quickly get ready, but simply didn't have the time to do so. I guess my body needed the rest.
Sunday morning I concelebrated Mass at St. Elizabeth. It was my first appearance at that Mass since my leave of absence. It felt good to be there and was like a shot in the arm for me. After the Gospel I gave an update to everyone of what I have been through and what still lies ahead for me. People can't believe all that I have been going through. After Mass I got lots of hugs and tried to talk with as many people as possible at breakfast. People are unbelievably patient and understanding. The biggest sentiment was to not over do it and just do what I need to get better.
One parishioner told me he had the same issue I have. He had the surgery to correct it and said it took a lot out of him. He said it was a couple of years before he felt right again. Oh joy... I pray that won't be the case for me. We'll see.
That evening I had a nice dinner with a couple and then watched FSU upset Xavier in basketball. What a crazy game! I was so close to changing the channel in frustration. Fortunately, I kept watching and got to see an incredible finish. Next up is Gonzaga late Thursday night.
Yesterday was a throw away day. I was so wiped out and just vegged.
Last night I was in quite a bit of pain, while lying down trying to sleep. It is so annoying. There was a lot of drainage too. The fun continues.
I had a bizarre dream last night that kept continuing after I would wake up and go back to sleep. The first part was really weird and unsettling. The second part was a lot better, but definitely stirred things up. The second part was me returning to the seminary and moving back in after an extended break. I saw a number of seminary classmates from St. Bens and the feeling was very pleasant to be back. This is unusual because when I usually dream about being back in the seminary, I have a feeling of dread and am so happy when I wake up and realize it was just a dream. This time I felt the opposite. I think it has to do with the all the isolation I feel. It sucks to be alone every day. I miss active ministry and especially being with people regularly. Having to stay at home resting is really taking a toll on me. It gets depressing and I long to be active again. Also, when I go in my garage I see my Harley and my Specialized Roubaix bicycle and I touch them lovingly wanting so bad to get back to riding. At this point a ten mile ride would be unbelievably awesome. Oh well. Maybe I need to write more and see what comes out.
Anyways I think that is all for now. Thanks for your love and prayers.
Comments
Post a Comment