Post surgery

What a difference a day makes!  Last night I was able to get some decent sleep and today I have felt a lot more relaxed and at peace.  I guess the crazy emotional roller coaster I have been on really took a toll this week.

I resumed the prescribed soaks and have even ventured into the area of drainage string wiggling and flossing.  Not nearly as painful as I was afraid of... but then again being on oxy really helps too.

For lunch I asked for a light healthy lunch because my  stomach is a bit messed up so this is what Dolores, the housekeeper down here put together for us:



Salmon, salad with toppings of feta and cashews, white bean soup with chorizo sausage, Sprite, flan, and African ice cream.

After lunch Jim and I walked around a little to take advantage of the beautiful day down here.  While walking around, I met a new friend who seems less than excited to see me:

St. Isidro.

Tomorrow, we head back home.  A long drive, but we will take our time.  I will spend a few days with a couple while I recover and am on pain meds.  Then I will get settled back in the rectory with Gigi, Little Dude and Sienna.

Thanks for all of your prayers and for keeping up with me.  I hope you find this blog somewhat informative and entertaining.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Counting down to follow up visit

recovery from big day

Youtube content