Long time no blog
Hi Everyone,
Sorry it has been forever since I last blogged. Life got very weird and crazy busy the last 6 weeks. I'll spare you all the details. But basically, Dr. Force encouraged me to get active again and Dr. Crooms up in Tally told me I can do pretty much anything that I am comfortable doing. So, I got back into full time ministry, started exercising again and have been working on the house.
It has been so good to be back as a pastor of my two beautiful parishes. I missed my people sooooo much. To be able to be the celebrant at the Masses was awesome! I was also able to visit a few people in the hospital and nursing home. People have no idea of how hard it is as a priest to not be able to do priestly things. Priesthood isn't a job or something I do, it is who I am. And to finally be able to live this out again is beyond words of how good it has felt.
Being able to exercise has also been a big help. At first it was very uncomfortable, painful and tiring. But gradually over time, it has gotten a lot easier and I feel my body responding well to the exercise. My exercises has included riding a Trikke, walking Gigi and shooting hoops.
The Trikke is fun and is a good workout. Gigi does amazingly well on walks on the new bicycle path across the highway from me. Actually it is more accurate to say that Gigi walks me. She likes to sniff and explore things off the path a little, but all it takes is some gentle commands and she gets going again. Shooting hoops is fun and I want to be ready for the priest seminarian basketball game at JPII High. I missed the last couple of years. Hopefully I can play and put on a good show... and beat Bishop Bill.... badly.... hey, he has to learn how insanely competitive I am.
Today, Jim drove me down to Ft. Lauderdale for another appointment tomorrow (Monday) morning at 9am. It is officially an evaluation appointment to see how the drainage is doing and to see if I am ready for the next surgery. I am hoping and praying that I will have surgery this week to finally correct the fistula. I feel better that I have felt in a very long time, but there is a bit of swelling that I am concerned about. So we will see.
Thank you so much for all of your prayers, Masses, love, and support. There is no way I could get through all of this without you.
Sorry it has been forever since I last blogged. Life got very weird and crazy busy the last 6 weeks. I'll spare you all the details. But basically, Dr. Force encouraged me to get active again and Dr. Crooms up in Tally told me I can do pretty much anything that I am comfortable doing. So, I got back into full time ministry, started exercising again and have been working on the house.
It has been so good to be back as a pastor of my two beautiful parishes. I missed my people sooooo much. To be able to be the celebrant at the Masses was awesome! I was also able to visit a few people in the hospital and nursing home. People have no idea of how hard it is as a priest to not be able to do priestly things. Priesthood isn't a job or something I do, it is who I am. And to finally be able to live this out again is beyond words of how good it has felt.
Being able to exercise has also been a big help. At first it was very uncomfortable, painful and tiring. But gradually over time, it has gotten a lot easier and I feel my body responding well to the exercise. My exercises has included riding a Trikke, walking Gigi and shooting hoops.
The Trikke is fun and is a good workout. Gigi does amazingly well on walks on the new bicycle path across the highway from me. Actually it is more accurate to say that Gigi walks me. She likes to sniff and explore things off the path a little, but all it takes is some gentle commands and she gets going again. Shooting hoops is fun and I want to be ready for the priest seminarian basketball game at JPII High. I missed the last couple of years. Hopefully I can play and put on a good show... and beat Bishop Bill.... badly.... hey, he has to learn how insanely competitive I am.
Today, Jim drove me down to Ft. Lauderdale for another appointment tomorrow (Monday) morning at 9am. It is officially an evaluation appointment to see how the drainage is doing and to see if I am ready for the next surgery. I am hoping and praying that I will have surgery this week to finally correct the fistula. I feel better that I have felt in a very long time, but there is a bit of swelling that I am concerned about. So we will see.
Thank you so much for all of your prayers, Masses, love, and support. There is no way I could get through all of this without you.
Comments
Post a Comment